What is a Celebrant and why you might like one at your wedding.
What is a Celebrant and why you might like one at your wedding.
A Wedding Celebrant
What, as a Wedding Celebrant, I can bring to your wedding.
In June 2022, I attended a three-day course in Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, with The Fellowship of Professional Celebrants.
I am now a certified Independent Family Celebrant and have the skills and experience to help couples tailor bespoke ceremonies that reflect their personalities and love for each other.
Why a Celebrant-led rather than a Civil Wedding Ceremony?
A civil ceremony is performed by a registrar, either in a registry office or a licensed venue. While they are both non-religious wedding ceremonies, there are significant differences.
Civil ceremonies are legally recognised but are bound by restrictions regarding the words spoken during the ceremony. For example, there can be no religious aspect at all.
On the other hand, a celebrant-led wedding is bespoke and meaningful, guided by a celebrant who delivers a personalised ceremony. In ceremonies performed by an independent celebrant, religious aspects can be added to represent the couple’s individual and combined beliefs.
Where Can I Have a Celebrant-led Ceremony?
I can essentially perform a wedding anywhere, indoors or outdoors. It is entirely up to you what you want your ceremony to be, there is also no restriction on time slots. A celebrant-led wedding ceremony offers couples complete flexibility.
Can we write our own vows?
One of the aspects that couples love is that I get to know them before the ceremony and help them decide on key elements and rituals within the ceremony. As part of this, I’ll help you to write your own vows if you choose to. We normally meet in person or over a video link and I will ask you questions and take notes to understand more about you and give the ceremony a really personal feel. I can also help you pick out readings, music, and show you the different symbolic acts you can pick.
I will craft a ceremony script based on your personalities and preferences and will check that you are totally happy with it. I will also be on hand to guide you through the process and discuss or adjust the ceremony all the way up to the wedding day.
Is a Celebrant-led Ceremony a Legally Binding Marriage?
Unlike in Scotland and Northern Ireland, celebrant-led weddings are not yet recognised in law in England and Wales on their own. However, it is likely this will change as the Law Commission recently announced its wedding law reform recommendations. The Law Commission is recommending that the officiant become licensed to perform ceremonies, rather than the location as the law currently requires. So, couples of the future (likely around 2024 / 2025) will hopefully be able to have a legally binding wedding ceremony performed by a celebrant.
For now, the ceremonies will remain symbolic. So, couples often go to the registry office to be legally wed before or after but there is no reason that you can’t combine a celebrant-led ceremony with a church or civil ceremony or partnership. There’s no rule that the certificate can only be signed after the ceremony. It can be signed beforehand so you’re technically married before the ceremony even begins. So, as long as you have a signed wedding certificate your wedding will be legal and valid – it’s the paperwork that makes it legal, not the ceremony.
His ceremony service was beautiful & so personal, which is exactly what we wanted
Want To Know What I Can Do For You?
Let’s discuss your wedding with a cup of coffee
Some of my amazing reviews...
- Thank you so very much for your kind and generous help yesterday evening at our shared gig entertaining at Ageas... read moreThank you so very much for your kind and generous help yesterday evening at our shared gig entertaining at Ageas Bowl, Southampton for Hartford Care's event.
Having, over the years, worked with and viewed many mc's, dj's, backing bands and entertainment hosts; their approach and 'attitude' behind the performer or singer makes a huge impression on the audience. Your personality, Alan, is wonderful; it made us appear, as indeed we were, to be harmonious and working together. Your enjoyment of, and actively taking part in, my sets by not only running the show, but also behind me you were smiling warmly, dancing, clicking your fingers, which all added to the audience's appreciation and enjoyment of (hopefully!) my sets. As you said, you're 'a team player' - and this come across amply in your fantastic professional approach.
A final word. Your entire production as dj and mc looked as good as it sounded - your set was beautifully lit, comprehensive and smart. Your whole presentation and attitude reflected your complete professionlism.
Many thanks again, Alan. What an absolute pleasure it was to meet and work the evening with you! I hope to have the pleasure to work alongside you again sometime, and would not hesitate to recommend you - and will do so if opportunity arises. I trust you got home safely. read lessSwingin' Sinatra01/12/23Me and Gemma Mansfield Recently had Celebrations with Alan Marshall provide our evening music and entertainment at our Wedding and... read moreMe and Gemma Mansfield Recently had Celebrations with Alan Marshall provide our evening music and entertainment at our Wedding and couldn't recommend them highly enough. From the beginning of the process Alan has been extremely easy to work with, and provided amazing advice and guidance that have clearly been developed over many years within the industry. When it came down to the day, Alan was almost immediately set up, without any impact to our wedding breakfast, and before we knew it our evening was rocking away. With a mixed age group, and music tastes, Alan navigated this ensuring that everyone had a great time and also a memorable evening. Thank you for providing such a reassuring presence and a great evening for us! read lessKenny Mansfield22/10/23After our initial meeting with Alan, we were beyond excited to have him as our master of ceremonies/dj. We fell... read moreAfter our initial meeting with Alan, we were beyond excited to have him as our master of ceremonies/dj. We fell in love with how extremely creative and bespoke his services were, but even then we could not have prepared ourselves for how much impact his services added to our wedding, how much it elevated each and every cherished moment. We had no idea just how far his role would extend, alan was far more than what is stated on paper, alongside his excellent and professional showmanship skills, he basically ran our wedding day, there were little mistakes on my part with planning with order of the day and without Alan saving the day it could have been disruptive to the general flow and overall picture of the day, Alan worked with The suppliers to solve issues and me and my husband where none the wiser. He just calmly informed us with the solution when the issue was solved. I tell you this story as I know it is such a pressure planning a wedding and making sure all the details are right so you can enjoy your day, to know there is a supplier that sincerely has your best interest at heart, and is a great problem solver is priceless in my opinion, not only was he brilliant on the day he was extremely kind and comforting on the lead up, when it came to any general wedding stress, he offered great advice. We felt at ease with someone that provided for so many couples previously and it was clear he had pretty much seen it all.
Alan and his assistant wefre constantly checking in with us both through the day, prepped us for what was coming next, rescued us when we had to leave for our private vows and a guests were chewing our ears off hehe.
Alan presented us with a planning pack, where we was able to choose each song for ever sentimental moment of the day, not just entrance and the first dances but also signing the register, entrance in to the dinner area ect. Being able to be involved in those decisions made our entire day feel like magic, especially as two people who have a real connection to music. You can have a song that is significant to you both that none of the guests necessarily know the story behind, but both of you know the sentiment and story behind that song. It just elevates the affection in each of those moments.
In our services we choose to include the grand entrance for our wedding party and the true and false game which are services Alan provides. These added so much fun and laughter to the day, sometimes wedding can feel really really formal, these are the perfect things that relaxed our guests and got everyone laughing together. And to top it off a lighthearted way for everyone to get to know our special people more, and to add more nostalgia and playfulness around everyone getting to know us as a couple.
Alan also wrote our love story, where we both sent him indepth but very separate details from our first moments to our most recent moments as a couple and he merged them both together beautifully and read our love story out to all our guests and to us! it was funny, unique and sentimental. The absolute highlight of all the wonderful things he has to offer. Something our guests continue to bring up.
We had so many people say to us that they have never been to a wedding like ours where they felt so much love in the room, and how the day was so revolved around our story and relationship with each other and I think a very large amount of that was down to Alan. So many of our guests raved about him after the event and are still talking about him a month later.
On your wedding day, you have every single person you love on earth in one room, that is a very rare moment that you will likely not experience many times again. They are all there to celebrate you and your love for one another. It's an even rarer of a moment that you get to celebrate finding the person you want to spend all your days with (THATS BIG). I could not recommend any one more to assist you in making this monumental milestone celebration it deserves to be. We felt Alan was providing much more than a service, we felt genuine care and affection. I really can't put into words the impact of what he does, you do have to see it to understand the full grandness of it. All I can say is, If your thinking of booking him, don't think twice you will most definitely not regret it. read lessCharlotte Kenna-Calcutt10/09/23We booked Alan because we could tell from the first call that his service was totally different to what anyone... read moreWe booked Alan because we could tell from the first call that his service was totally different to what anyone else was offering. He was incredible, went above and beyond before our wedding and on the day itself. We were kept on the dance floor all night with a very eclectic mix of music, guided by a few choices we'd made in advance. Alan and Andrea absolutely made our day and handled a couple of caterer issues so that we could stay cool and focus on our guests. If you're still considering it, book a call with Alan and you'll know right away why he's a different class. Amazing DJ and top class master of ceremonies, our wedding wouldn't have been complete without them. Thank you so much. read lessSimon Beal04/08/23assive thank you to Celebrations with Alan Marshall for being such a great DJ at our party on Saturday night.... read moreassive thank you to Celebrations with Alan Marshall for being such a great DJ at our party on Saturday night. Alan was great to work with from start to finish and worked with our playlists to make sure the evening really went with a bang. We would recommend him to anyone who wants that extra bit of style and personality at their party. read lessLinda Taylor18/07/23
- Alan was our star supplier for our wedding at Bowerchalke Barn. He went above and beyond, ensuring that the bride... read moreAlan was our star supplier for our wedding at Bowerchalke Barn. He went above and beyond, ensuring that the bride had a drink and was hydrated throughout the day and went out of his way to assist the bride's mother who fainted during the hot weather. This was in addition to hosting Master of Ceremony and DJ duties. Alan and his son Raudhan constantly checked that we were happy throughout the course of the day and no request was too much. Helpful, entertaining, created a lot of energry and highly organised - 5* service! Highly recommend booking Alan for weddings. read lessRichard Holloway18/07/23Wow where to start? We didn't have a typical wedding day, it was a unique venue with multiple suppliers.
When... read moreWow where to start? We didn't have a typical wedding day, it was a unique venue with multiple suppliers.
When we first spoke to Alan we asked if we could challenge him & if he would be willing to be our celebrant which was something he had never done previous. He took up the challenge excitedly & excelled with his delivery.
His ceremony service was beautiful & so personal which is exactly what we wanted, many of our guests told us afterwards how emotional it was for them. I don't think there was a single dry eye in the room.
In his Master of Ceremonies role he was communicating with all our suppliers & guests whilst checking Leigh & I were happy throughout and where we needed to be next whilst also giving us time to be with our guests. He even accommodated our last minute adjustments!
Alan is an awesome DJ! Wow what an incredible experience, he mixed songs together expertly & was in tune with our guests musical tastes as the evening progressed, we especially enjoyed the 90's rave part.
Hus son Ru was excellent as well. He was communicating with us & Alan throughout. These 2 make a great team. Ru was even on the decks too playing some great tunes!
His services are superb, but Alan is one of nicest and most humble of guys I have ever met. He genuinely cares about your day as much as you do.
We couldn't have asked for anything more, he exceeded our already high expectations & more.
From the bottom of our hearts we cant thank you both enough. The day we wanted wouldn't have been the same without you.
Leigh & Leanne Morris read lessLeanne Beard Morris16/07/23Alan was our star supplier for our wedding at Bowerchalke Barn and went above and beyond. Alan ensured that I... read moreAlan was our star supplier for our wedding at Bowerchalke Barn and went above and beyond. Alan ensured that I had food and drinks whilst I was busy mingling with guests throughout the day. He also assisted my Mum who fainted during the hot weather which was really appreciated. This was in addition to hosting Master of Ceremony and DJ duties. Alan and his son Raudhan constantly checked that we were happy throughout the course of the day and no request was too much. He was a real hit with the guests too! Helpful, entertaining, created a lot of energry and highly organised - 5* service! read lessLyndsay Cox08/07/23A massive thank you to Celebrations with Alan Marshall for being such a great DJ at our party on Saturday... read moreA massive thank you to Celebrations with Alan Marshall for being such a great DJ at our party on Saturday night. Alan was great to work with from start to finish and worked with our playlists to make sure the evening really went with a bang. We would recommend him to anyone who wants that extra bit of style and personality at their party. read lessLinda Taylor26/06/23Having a meeting prior to our wedding put Mike and I at ease instantly! Both Alan and his son were... read moreHaving a meeting prior to our wedding put Mike and I at ease instantly! Both Alan and his son were brilliant at remaining organised, checking-in with us and providing an excellent atmosphere throughout the wedding reception. Their set-up looked perfect and Alan was great at presenting the Mr and Mrs game! read lessFay White10/04/23
- Alan has created a show that is not easily replicated. His music choice was absolutely spot on, every single song... read moreAlan has created a show that is not easily replicated. His music choice was absolutely spot on, every single song was a banger! Not only did the music keep everyone dancing, the extra features that Alan offered us created a truly magical night. A particular highlight was his 'Love Story' feature, which was great fun to a part of! read lessAdam Hurley12/12/22What can I say other than Alan is a superstar. He was our DJ and master of ceremonies at our... read moreWhat can I say other than Alan is a superstar. He was our DJ and master of ceremonies at our wedding in 2015. Every aspect of the day he knew and had spent enormous amounts of time creating the perfect setting for us and our guests. His jovial and energetic energy really shone through and got everyone up and dancing. He is a Master of his craft and I’d recommend to anyone who is after the very best in their industry.
Thanks again for all the wonderful memories you helped us create. read lessJames Dover15/10/22We recently had Alan as master of ceremonies and DJ for our wedding day. From the moment we arrived everything... read moreWe recently had Alan as master of ceremonies and DJ for our wedding day. From the moment we arrived everything was managed and timed to perfection. His experience is clear to see. We had high hopes that lots of guests would party into the night which credit to Alan happened. His ability to judge the mood of the crowd meant he kept the party energised all night. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Mr and Mrs Stanley read lessAidan Stanley13/10/22Last month we had our wedding and thanks to Alan it all went smoothly. He is a great DJ and... read moreLast month we had our wedding and thanks to Alan it all went smoothly. He is a great DJ and also Toast Master. Prior to our big day, Alan was great at keeping us on track. He had some great ideas for the day which were all very fun! Alan work hard in the background to make sure we could focus on having the best time, which we did. Come the evening everybody loved the DJ set and had a good boogie on the dancefloor. Thank you Alan for making our day so special! 😀 read lessSimon Marshall-Wilson13/07/22It’s very difficult to find the words to describe how wonderful, helpful, calming, organised and professional Alan is! From our... read moreIt’s very difficult to find the words to describe how wonderful, helpful, calming, organised and professional Alan is! From our first meeting he made us feel relaxed and that everything was under complete control and offered his help to us in any way he could! Our wedding day would never have been as perfect as it was without Alan, music was very important to us and he put so much care and time into helping us choose music to fit the day and make everything flow. On the day people were coming up to us to ask who the DJ/ Master of Ceremonies was as they were so impressed! The dance floor was packed from the minute music started and the party atmosphere was completely down to Alan. As master of ceremonies Alan mingled with our guests and kept the day flowing and on plan, but he also checked in with us throughout the day reassuring us everything was going smoothly behind the scenes and if there were any changes we wanted to make. Alan was also extremely flexible with certain activities in the day, letting things flow nicely.
Again I can’t put in to words how much we appreciate Alan and to say how much of a lovely, kind, organised, personable, professional and genuine man he is. We had a few personal circumstances change in the months before our wedding and Alan was so empathetic to our situation and really made sure everyone would feel comfortable throughout our day.
If you are in any doubt at all, don’t be, booking Alan for your special day is something I can promise you won’t regret.
Thank you whole heartedly!
The Deans x
PS. Thank you for the lovely photo🤗 read lessSophie Dean24/06/22
- Alan and his son Ruadhan were absolutely wonderful on our wedding day. Alan ensured our whole day ran smoothly from... read moreAlan and his son Ruadhan were absolutely wonderful on our wedding day. Alan ensured our whole day ran smoothly from start to finish and thanks to the time and effort put into the pre-wedding chats, we really felt like he knew us and our music style, so every song played was perfectly to our taste. They regularly checked in on us throughout the day to ensure we were happy (which of course we were!) and honestly made the day run perfectly, without us feeling like we were being organised or on schedule. Thank you again for 5* service! read lessKelly Burstow24/05/22Alan was absolutely amazing at organising our wedding day. We where able to enjoy the day and not have to... read moreAlan was absolutely amazing at organising our wedding day. We where able to enjoy the day and not have to worry about anything. He played amazing songs that we all loved. He not only took care of us and check in on us often but also took care of our guest and helped clean up rubbish throughout the night . He is so nice and friendly and supportive. He is truly a amazing DJ. We would recommend him and use his services again. Thank you so much for making our day so special. read lessMichelle Caswell22/05/22Alan was the most professional yet personable DJ & Master of Ceremonies we could have asked for - it was... read moreAlan was the most professional yet personable DJ & Master of Ceremonies we could have asked for - it was like having another one of our friends with us all day. So attentive and went above and beyond to ensure we had an amazing day. We are so grateful and would highly recommend to anybody for any event! read lessMillie Cullen11/05/22Alan was our wedding DJ on Saturday. What a superb job he did! The dance floor was full for the... read moreAlan was our wedding DJ on Saturday. What a superb job he did! The dance floor was full for the whole evening the music choices were superb and his attention to detail was amazing. I would recommend him to anyone. read lessLiam Swan03/05/22
- Alan delivered such an amazing service to our wedding day!
He got everybody involved in Mr and Mrs and played the... read moreAlan delivered such an amazing service to our wedding day!
He got everybody involved in Mr and Mrs and played the music that was definitely our style!
He personalised the experience so much and that is what we loved about him... even the fact he loves Disney as much as I do!!!
I would recommend Alan any day of the week... thank you again! 🥰 read lessNatasha Katie Williams Brighton15/11/21Hi Alan,
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in sending you this email to you.
Both Nigel & I wanted... read moreHi Alan,
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in sending you this email to you.
Both Nigel & I wanted to say thank you for the amazing way you conducted our special day, you were pivotal to making sure the day went musically smoothly, from each element to the next.
Not only that, you incorporated all the surprises for Nigel, which have been captured beautifully on camera.
You are an absolute professional as the music flowed perfectly during the evening as you had reassured me it would, thank you again.
If you would like a recommendation, please don't hesitate to ask as we would be delighted to say thank you again.
All the very best
Yvette & Nigel read lessNigel Baber22/10/21Alan delivered a first class experience to make our wedding personalised and extra special. Alan stepped us through all the... read moreAlan delivered a first class experience to make our wedding personalised and extra special. Alan stepped us through all the aspects of our day which helped enormously to reduce our stress and improve our wedding experience. Not only did Alan step in at short notice when we were let down, he opened our eyes as to how a wedding DJ can (and should) be so much more than playing music. I would highly recommend Alan. read lessNick Wright15/10/21I very highly recommend Alan as a DJ and a host!
He was just fantastic from the beginning and so... read moreI very highly recommend Alan as a DJ and a host!
He was just fantastic from the beginning and so so helpful. The set up with the lights and booth looked fantastic and so classy! Alan and Ruadhan were both brilliant on the day and the day would never have run as smoothly without them. They kept us well informed and made the communication between us and the venue all day. There was music played for every person there.
Thankyou again to you both !!!
Meg and Tom Lucas read lessMeg Lucas27/09/21When we first set up a meeting with Alan, we weren’t sure whether we needed a master of ceremonies, but... read moreWhen we first set up a meeting with Alan, we weren’t sure whether we needed a master of ceremonies, but we knew we needed an all day DJ! The rest seemed like a bonus. What I can tell you now is; I genuinely don’t know how smoothly our wedding would have gone without Alan! My now husband went in to set up the decor we’d bought ourselves to find that Alan had already done it!
He made sure everyone knew where they were meant to be & what was happening when.
He made sure I got the canapés that were put aside for us when I realised how hungry I was after barely eating breakfast!
He literally coordinated everything with the venue & everything ran so smoothly.
In terms of music he made sure that nothing would be played that we either didn’t want. Or that wouldn’t fit, but gave our guests an option to choose what they wanted through request cards!
Honestly, we’re so pleased that we booked Alan (& definitely glad that he was still available when we had to postpone) for our wedding! He was worth every penny & more!
Highly recommend him to anyone looking to get married! He will make your life so much easier!
Thank you ever so much again Alan,
Lisa & Dan Allen x read lessLisa Allen19/09/21
- Alan was recommended to us as our original DJ was unavailable on our rescheduled wedding day. We’re so pleased we... read moreAlan was recommended to us as our original DJ was unavailable on our rescheduled wedding day. We’re so pleased we followed up with the recommendation because Alan was incredible. He kept in touch with us prior and put us at ease with reassurance that he’d make sure the day went smoothly! He was even able to add the ‘Selfie Wizard’ to our day with short notice and our guests loved it. He was instrumental in coordinating the day which left us free to enjoy it all. It’s been two weeks since our wedding and we still have people mentioning how fantastic Alan was! Thank you! read lessAmy Louise Cooper13/08/21We cannot thank Alan enough for his part in our wedding. We booked him as an all day DJ and... read moreWe cannot thank Alan enough for his part in our wedding. We booked him as an all day DJ and Master of Ceremonies and it was the best decision we made! From the very first zoom call Alan put us at ease with the knowledge that he will be with us every step of the way and even with that in mind he still managed to exceed our expectations. Everytime I was worried about something he was straight on the phone with me to walk me through it. He worked with our other suppliers in order to make sure everything would go smoothly on the day. He gave us a wedding planner right after we booked him which was extremely helpful to look through whenever we got stuck with anything. On the day Alan and his son Ru were both exceptional! As weddings go, our timings didn't go quite to plan but they were both there to make everything work! Again, thank you so much! We couldn't recommend Alan highly enough! read lessAlicja Malcolm06/08/21Alan was our Master of Ceremonies and DJ at our wedding last month. Alan was absolutely brilliant in the lead... read moreAlan was our Master of Ceremonies and DJ at our wedding last month. Alan was absolutely brilliant in the lead up to the wedding and on the wedding day ensuring that he was in the loop about everything so he could take charge and put us at ease. He did everything he could to ensure that everything ran smoothly and the way we wanted it too. The preparation we had prior was paramount due to Alan wanting to just focus primarily on us for our big day, this meant he would contact every supplier for our day just so he knew when they’d arrive and what they’d be doing, how he retained so much information I don’t know but he did and delivered us all the info we needed. On the day he was set up early with his cheerful smile and welcoming tone and straight away put me at ease while I was greeting guests etc, the transitions were perfect and the way he addressed them to the guests was welcoming but also in a way that it needed to happen.
Overall I couldn’t recommend him enough!
5/5 all day long and will be recommended to everyone we know!!
Ru his son and also his right hand man, was spot on too. He interacted with the guests aswell and made sure everyone was kept in the loop and enjoying themselves they are literally 2 peas in a pod.
Finally the love story on its own is unique and definitely just puts Alan above the rest of every other MoC and DJ out there. read lessConnor Taylor12/07/21We got married on the 26th June 2021 and booked Alan for our DJ all day and Master of ceremony... read moreWe got married on the 26th June 2021 and booked Alan for our DJ all day and Master of ceremony and it was one of the best decisions we had made about the wedding. Throughout the covid rule changes and whether we would need to postpone or not Alan was there with any help we needed every step of the way. He answered any questions we had very quickly and thought of things that neither of us would have ever thought of. He also worked well in our and our guests favour to get us as close to a pre-covid wedding as possible whilst keeping everyone safe!
When it came to the day, Alan kept everything running so smoothly and everyone was kept informed about what was going on and when and it really took the stress off of me and Josh and allowed us to enjoy our day!
We are both so grateful for everything you did for us on our day and the lead up to it and if anyone is on the fence about either booking Alan or booking Alan as a master of ceremony as well as a DJ I’d definitely recommend him!
Josh and Jennie Maguire
Edit: forgot to mention Alan’s son, Ru! He was also amazing and having the both of them there made the day even better and Ru helped to also coordinate the entrances to the ceremony and wedding breakfast which was great because again, took the pressure off of me and we managed to get our less shy flower girl down the aisle too! ❤️ read lessJennie Maguire05/07/21Just cannot praise Alan and his son Ru highly enough for the fantastic work they put into making my daughter's... read moreJust cannot praise Alan and his son Ru highly enough for the fantastic work they put into making my daughter's wedding the truly beautiful day it was yesterday. Alan has been so supportive over the past few months, showing incredible understanding of the challenges we faced after I lost my husband only 3 months before the wedding. I've really felt I had a great person on my side taking a huge amount of pressure off and Alan managed our very emotional tribute to the bride's dad with great sensitivity and total professionalism. I got fantastic feedback, with one of the photographers telling me it was the classiest wedding he'd ever attended, and that was in no small part due to Alan. He's always on duty, and was totally tuned into the needs of my daughter, her husband and me, and just kept the day on track in a lovely way. Finding Alan literally made all the difference to the day, and he's helped ensure we will look back on this day with the most wonderful memories. Thank you so much Alan! read lessChristine Foyster05/07/21
- When we first spoke to Alan on the phone, we both new he was going to be great. We didn't... read moreWhen we first spoke to Alan on the phone, we both new he was going to be great. We didn't know at this time that he had won so many awards, we clicked instantly. His passion and excitement for his work gives him the ability to know exactly what type of party we wanted. We originally booked Alan for just dj-ing but we knew by hiring him to be our master of ceremonies that our day would run beautifully smooth and stress free with Alan at the helm, and it did....
Kate and Tony Warman. read lessTony Warman04/07/21Our original wedding DJ/celebrant got stuck abroad due to travel restrictions. We were then passed onto the capable hands of... read moreOur original wedding DJ/celebrant got stuck abroad due to travel restrictions. We were then passed onto the capable hands of Alan.
From the get go Alan was pro-active, attentive and enthusiastic about our wedding being his first in a whole year. We had regular contact with him through emails and zoom calls.
We were both put at ease quite quickly and were reassured that Alan was the perfect fit for our wedding. We were unsure of what/how our wedding would play out, Alan had many resources and ideas up his sleeve.
He put together a quiz using new software to ensure it was COVID safe. This was highly loved by all and got the feel good atmosphere going with everyone being involved. He also put together a love story that was from both of our POV’s then put together into a story, this was a great way to re-visit our relationship and share it with our guests.
He had also sorted extra equipment to have another set up outside due to the good weather.
Which resulted in a such a positive and party atmosphere. All of our guests commented on the atmosphere he had created for us and for that we are very grateful.
Thank you very much Alan for being such a big part of our day! You made it such a memorable day for so many more reasons. read lessLeanne Millar12/06/21We used Alan for our entertainment for our wedding day. It was a year ago this week and my husband... read moreWe used Alan for our entertainment for our wedding day. It was a year ago this week and my husband and myself were reminiscing on our anniversary about how it was such a lovely day and all helped by Alan and his son.
We had in-depth conversations with Alan beforehand and he sent us a comprehensive booklet for us to note down our preferences of how we wanted the day to go and feel.
That feeling of the day being fun and relaxed was completely hit, and resonated our personalities perfectly
On the day Alan was able to help keep the guests entertained when my Dad got us lost on the way to the venue! Most people weren't aware of me being more than fashionably late; and Alan's son was a friendly face that helped me calm all my 'late to my own wedding' nerves as he timed me in for walking down the aisle.
Both Alan and his son were impeccably dressed and very friendly to all of our guests and helped the photographer to shepherd them outside for photos.
The lighting was amazing for all of our 'official' photos and the song choices were great. We only remember having a great time.
It came to light, this week as well, how Alan and his son went above and beyond on the day when our venue had messed up on the table decorations; whilst my bridesmaids and groom were sorting it out, Alan and his son stepped in to help speed up the process and were so efficient I didn't know there was an issue until this year! When the venue also spilt sauce down my dress Alan was straight there sorting out a way to clean it up and making sure I was ok (I was fine, sort of thing that could only happen to me). Not only that but when my Dad's (brilliant) speech went on...and on.... Alan was able to be flexible with the timings and strategically rearranged the reception timings to make everything fit seamlessly.
Alan was very organised throughout the day, nothing was missed, and the 'Mr and Mrs' game was so much fun; but what really stands out for our guests, is our 'Love story' that Alan recounted before our first dance. It set the tone for the first dance and made it feel even more special.
If you don't go with Alan you're missing out. Couldn't recommend him highly enough. read lessBecky Barma-Newman29/05/20Alan was absolutely amazing! He went above and beyond! 💖 The wedding day went exactly how we imagined it! ✨... read moreAlan was absolutely amazing! He went above and beyond! 💖 The wedding day went exactly how we imagined it! ✨ He played all of our chosen songs and made the whole mood of the day magical! Everything ran smoothly because of Alan (and his son)! We can’t thank you enough! 💜 xx read lessAnastasia Richardson11/04/20Thank you for making our wedding such a wonderful day. We loved it and the dance floor was full all... read moreThank you for making our wedding such a wonderful day. We loved it and the dance floor was full all night. Everyone is commenting how great it was and how amazing the music was. I have so many funny dancing videos.
Above all that though, it was a pleasure to have you there and you are such a genuinely nice person! I wish we could do it all over again.
Love Joey and Seb x read lessJoey Di Paola04/09/19
- Alan was fantastic! He made the wedding day have exactly the right tone and went above and beyond with assisting... read moreAlan was fantastic! He made the wedding day have exactly the right tone and went above and beyond with assisting in whatever he could. From playing some of our favourite pieces of music, to introducing our guests, he made everything run smoothly and communicated perfectly with all the other staff there to make sure we had the perfect day. Apart from generally being a joy to have there on the day I can honestly say he is the best DJ I have experienced at a wedding 💯 read lessLloyd Lewis27/08/19Alan was amazing ! We cant recommend him enough ! He took all the stress out of the planning of... read moreAlan was amazing ! We cant recommend him enough ! He took all the stress out of the planning of our wedding by seeing us through every step months before the event .
The day itself was perfect . Alan performed his master of ceremonies role so professionally but engaged with our guests like he was an old friend and put everyone at ease. In the evening he took on his DJ role and REALLY got our party and celebrations started!
It was a day we will never forget and our guests havent stopped talking about it either !
👍😊❤ read lessSarah Harman26/07/19Alan was recommended to us for our wedding on 24.07.2019.
He was absolutely brilliant. In the lead up to the... read moreAlan was recommended to us for our wedding on 24.07.2019.
He was absolutely brilliant. In the lead up to the wedding he constantly kept us updated with how things wee going to work on the day. He was always available for a chat and answered all our questions.
Alan is an extremely professional and humble man. He arrived early to ensure he was ready to set up. He kept me (the groom) at ease and ensured me everything was fine and under control.
He kept the party going and kept the dance floor lively right till the end.
I would recommend Alan to anybody looking for a DJ for their wedding.
Good luck for the future my friend read lessChristopher D'souza25/07/19Planning our UK wedding from overseas, Alan put our minds at rest from our very first call. Regardless of the... read morePlanning our UK wedding from overseas, Alan put our minds at rest from our very first call. Regardless of the time, he made himself available to chat through ideas to make our wedding exactly what we wanted whilst adding unique and personalised touches.
We really wanted one thing, a relaxed and enjoyable day for all our guests and Alan created this atmosphere from the very beginning. Setting up music at various locations throughout the day, he ensured that there was always the soundtrack to our day playing in the background. Alan and his son couldn’t have gone further to ensure that all our needs were catered for throughout the day, there wasn’t many times when one of them wasn’t within arms distance ready to jump into action! When the inevitable unexpected happened, meaning a slip in timing of the cutting of the cake and our first dance, he remained flexible and got people dancing and ensured that everyone was enjoying themselves.
Alan and his son’s energy was infectious throughout the day and i have no doubt that the great time our guests had is in a large part down to his attention to detail in planning and excellent execution. During the planning he brought an endless stream of suggestions and ideas that really did make our day everything we hoped for. The DJ battle in particular has been commented on by many of our guests and was a perfect way to ensure that we both took the time to relax and enjoy the night ourselves! read lessStuart Greenfield23/07/19Me and Jenna can’t thank you enough for being our DJ and master of ceremonies. You really opened both of... read moreMe and Jenna can’t thank you enough for being our DJ and master of ceremonies. You really opened both of our eyes with all of your brilliant ideas and kept everyone entertained during the day.
From the moment we had our first meeting together I remember we were both blown away by how much you had to offer and knew we had to have you involved in our big day. We always had piece of mind when we were given the option of calling him if we ever needed anything in the build up to the wedding and our money back if we weren’t fully satisfied. It enhanced our confidence that Alan was the right man to be our DJ and master of ceremonies and we couldn’t have been happier with how the day went. Jenna summed it up perfectly by saying she didn’t really need to think about anything on the day knowing Alan had everything covered so we could enjoy our day and not have anything to worry about.
We both loved how much you included all of our guests aswell by giving out cards with the option of a song request and the quiz which kept everyone talking amongst their tables and entertained during the wedding breakfast which from previous experience can sometimes drag a bit towards the end. The shoe game at the end of the night provided plenty of laughs aswell.
We can see how you won the national DJ of the year award but we both know you are so much more than just a DJ. We couldn’t recommend Alan enough. read lessSean Pullinger24/06/19
- Thankyou SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to Alan and Gary for making our wedding day so memorable, fun and non-stop perfect. You both... read moreThankyou SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to Alan and Gary for making our wedding day so memorable, fun and non-stop perfect. You both did a fantastic job we couldn't have asked for it to go any better. Alan you took SO much of the stress away from us in the planning etc we are both forever thankful. Brides and grooms you need this man and his team they ARE AMAZINGLY GOOD 5 STARS all the way can not recommend him enough. You will not be disappointed. read lessCheryll Sigsworth12/04/19Alan is indispensable and we are so glad he was supporting us on our wedding day. From start to finish... read moreAlan is indispensable and we are so glad he was supporting us on our wedding day. From start to finish in the lead up to the big day as well as on the day his organisation was outstanding. His helpful tools and general guidance on how to make our wedding feel just like we wanted it to really did make the day perfect. We did request a lot of unique songs which Alan kindly downloaded for us which made the day feel so personal to us. Thanks again Alan you were a superstar and shy couple is lucky to have you as their linchpin on their wedding day. read lessSARAH MAHONEY12/04/19Excellence personified! A true professional approach in a relaxed friendly manner. Qualities I rarely seen in the wedding industry; a... read moreExcellence personified! A true professional approach in a relaxed friendly manner. Qualities I rarely seen in the wedding industry; a must for your special day! read lessSimon John12/04/19We were extremely happy with everything Alan did as our wedding DJ. We had great feedback from lots... read moreWe were extremely happy with everything Alan did as our wedding DJ. We had great feedback from lots of our guests too about how much they enjoyed the music, dancing and entertainment! Thank you for finishing the best day of our life on such a high! The memories will stay with us forever. read lessAJ Nurcombe12/04/19Alan - you were amazing!! The preparation and meetings before, then the big day - awesome!!
The wedding day went seamlessly,... read moreAlan - you were amazing!! The preparation and meetings before, then the big day - awesome!!
The wedding day went seamlessly, and we didn’t have to worry about anything you had it all covered as our master of ceremonies! Even down to your assistant making sure we were beat perfect stepping out to go up the isle, and making sure our grand entrance was great!
We had numerous guests coming up to us to tell us how brilliant you were, and they were very chuffed when their song was played in the evening reception by you. Even in the days after the wedding we received compliments about how excellent you were!
We can’t thank you enough!
Mr & Mrs Leith read lessRosie Leith23/03/19
- Thank you so much for being the DJ at my 40th birthday party last night. What a fab night, you... read moreThank you so much for being the DJ at my 40th birthday party last night. What a fab night, you were amazing and a true professional. Will be recommending you. read lessLianne Conklin02/12/18Alan was amazing! Our event back in the UK was just as special than our wedding in Florida! Many of... read moreAlan was amazing! Our event back in the UK was just as special than our wedding in Florida! Many of our guests have commented on how he took the time to speak to them and make them feel included in the whole event. He managed to make our wishes become reality even when those wishes were expressed last minute. Thank you for all you did for us from the first planning session through to the final song of our event! Would highly recommend!! read lessKyrstie Channon28/11/18The selfie Wizard was wonderful, lovely photos, get to encourage the guests to feel even more part of a fantastic... read moreThe selfie Wizard was wonderful, lovely photos, get to encourage the guests to feel even more part of a fantastic day. We can not thank Alan enough for helping to create a wonderful day, he certainly made Kyrstie and Liam’s reception very special for them, nothing is too much trouble for him and his attention to detail is great. He even managed to accommodate extra requests that were given to him in the couple of days leading up to the reception. I would recommend Alan to any couple who are planning their wedding. read lessLynn Duncan19/11/18Alan Marshall You made my daughter and now son in law Mr Mrs Samantha and Paul Bright wedding day... read moreAlan Marshall You made my daughter and now son in law Mr Mrs Samantha and Paul Bright wedding day very special. You included everyone. You are amazing made the day go brilliant can’t praise you enough. We loved the day and evening Thank you x
Sue and Cliff read lessSue Lock13/11/18Natalie and I got married back in August this year and chose Alan to be our Master of Ceremonies and... read moreNatalie and I got married back in August this year and chose Alan to be our Master of Ceremonies and DJ. It was a decision we did not regret at all! Many of our guests complimented how professional and nice he was throughout the day, which was great to hear. The day was perfect and ran so smoothly; we did not worry about a thing, which is all you can ask for from a Mater of Ceremonies! Alan also had contacts in other related services such as dance floors, photo booths etc which was very handy when organising such an important event. We would definitely recommend Alan to any of our friends getting married in the future! Thanks Alan 🙂 read lessTom Whitfield29/10/18
4 Hanson Road
Hampshire, SP10 3HL